Filing a Habeas Petition

If you have been detained for more than 180 days waiting for a travel document, You can file a petition for a writ of habeas corpus. This guide can help you file a habeas petition. Please note that the guide is written for people detained in Northern California. You should file the petition in the jurisdiction where you are detained.